Our teen health program provides an array of resources that help teens through their confusion related to puberty and the risks of sexual activity, as well as sharing important information regarding abstinence and teenage pregnancy prevention.
North Star Youth Partnership helps educate children and teens on the critical aspects of teen health so that they:
- Gain awareness about the changes associated with puberty
- Understand the benefits of abstinence
- "Get" the risks of sexual activity
- Learn how to make positive, healthy choices
- Understand teenage pregnancy prevention
North Star's Teen Health Education provides:
- Classes for youth grades 6-12
- Trained educators and facilitators
- Creative writing workshops (Students practice with writing exercises designed to teach them about their own beliefs, values and experiences regarding relationships, teenage pregnancy prevention, self-sufficiency, the downsides of being teen parents and much more.)
- Workshops for parents, legal guardians and teen parents.
Curricula for StudentsOur program for schools is taught using the curricula from two programs that we have identified as incorporating all of the critical aspects of teen health as described above, in addition to meeting our criteria for being educational AND interactive. Schools can select from one of the following two programs:
- Worth the Wait
- Choosing the Best